Monday, January 30, 2006

Nilima's Grilled Tandoori Paneer Sandwich

From my first cousin Nilima:

"Wanted to share this Grilled Tandoori Paneer Sandwich recipe that I tried out recently and we absolutely loved. I happened to have some leftover home made paneer and didn’t know what to do with it so I came up with this and to my joy it was a success. I tried it with both store bought and homemade paneer. (The effort is almost same for both since store bought one will need to be grated).

Saute some chopped onions and green bell pepper in very little oil. Then add some Shan Tandoor Chicken spice mix (qty. based on desired spiciness, it’s pretty spicy), amchoor and jeera powder. Then add the crumbled paneer and chopped cilantro and mix thoroughly. (I guess you could add some chopped ginger, garlic, green chillies etc as well). When cooled, shape to burger style patties and just shallow fry both sides in ¼ tsp. oil. Then to make the sandwiches, spread some sun-dried tomato spread on both sides of the bread. Place the paneer patty, grilled or sliced onions, roasted red bell pepper (optional), sliced tomatoes, and lots of baby spinach. Then apply light butter to the outer sides of the bread and place it under the oven broiler for 2 minutes each side or until nice and toasty. This goes really well with any soup to make a healthy and delicious meal.

Beware from my experience - both my children are now pestering me to add this to their school lunch menu…"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home