Sunday, January 29, 2006

Jahangiri Kabab


From my friend Jahangir Nakra who made the most yummy kababs i've had in a long time on a recent visit to their place in Trenton, NJ...here is the the recipe for the Jahangiri Kabab:



Minced Turkey (2 lbs) (can do with lamb or goat too - I prefer turkey)
Garlic (Lots!)
Salt
6-8 Green chillies
1-2 tablespoons flour
Mix it all up. Make oblong kababs and toss them on the grill. Cook for 8-10
minutes till the kababs are brown and are cooked on the inside (they will
turn gray from the pink color that the raw mince normally has). Enjoy!

You could also add some ginger (I am not too gungho about ginger so I
do not add it).

I have tried using egg as a binding agent instead of the flour. Came out OK.
Prefer the flour - plus it it makes for a lower cholesterol kabab!

serve with cilantro/mint chutney and with harissa (moroccan spice paste).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home