Sunday, February 20, 2005

Who/What is Seattle Foodie?

This is just a preface to this blog. The why, how, which, when of its existence. i'm a 30's something female that has always had a passion for food from the time i can remember.

i attribute my foodieness to a few people in my family: firstly, my mother. she's a fantastic cook, the best i've met & she introduced to me to quality food. my mother is a vegeterian but very unlike most Indian women. within her vegeterian realm of things, she experimented with what she eats & cooks all the time. she used to make the best pizza at a time when my no one in my little town Baroda had even heard of pizza. even today, my brother & i still crave for my mother's pizza. secondly, my father. he's lives for food & i have never met a person that desires and enjoys good food as much as he does! he is a perfect travel companion as he has an uncanny knack for finding all the inside places for local specialities where the locals eat. so in Jaipur, i had the best Dal Bati i've ever eaten, in Udaipur, the best local Rabadi, in Navasari, the best papadum in the world & recently he sent me the most amazing Mango Son Papdi that he picked up in Nagpur! Thirdly, my mother's father, who was well traveled & like me, experimented with lots of different types of food. he made me into a seafoodie. from the time i was little, every summer vacation when i visited my grandparents in Bombay, my treat was fish & chips at Bombay's Radio Club - in those days a very post Indendence British club serving many anglo indian items on the menu. thirdly, its my uncle, my father's brother - today if he & i get together & go to a nice restaurant, we will both go crazy experimenting something new & different. and lastly i have to credit my father's entire family. we're a family full of food lovers that live & die for food. we're some of the most amazing cooks with just no tolerance for bad cooking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home